Executive Assistant to MD
- Maintains agenda of Managing Director;
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the Managing Director based in The Netherlands;
- Organisation of MT-Members group meetings including related travel as required;
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analysing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes;
- Resolves administrative problems by analysing data, coordinating preparation of reports, and propose identified solutions;
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies;
- Provides other key administrative tasks as directed. Provides information by answering questions and requests;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Since the above tasks are performed within several Sakata locations, occasional (international) travelling is part of the job.
- Travel preparation 20%
- Meeting preparation 20%
- Administrative projects and processes 10%
- Assists Finance & Administration Manager 10%
- Office supply 5%
- Others / Business support incl. occasional travel abroad 35%
You perform as a professional and you are a star in keeping deadlines and chasing people with tact and consideration. Gets things done. You are analytical with attention to detail meanwhile keeping the helicopter view. You have basic understanding of the (horticultural is an advantage) business and management principles terminologies used in areas of strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources management, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. You can identify minimum service requirement and timely delivery of such. Considers “perfect” as enemy of “good”. This needs combining with a positive attitude and ability to work within cross-functional teams. Team player who works well across the various organizational boundaries. You also need to be a self-starter and be able to carefully act with great discretion and integrity, respecting confidentiality as required.
- HBO working and thinking level. Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent in experience);
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Danish and/or Japanese is an advantage;
- Super-User in MS Office;
- Five years or more experience in high-level Management support in international organisations;
- Demonstrated passion and experience for improving administrative performance and efficiency;
- Proven experience with complex agenda management and organisation of travels and events.
The Executive Assistant can multi-task and considers it a challenge to service the Managing Director and Management Team members. You are modest and humble, service minded and a self-starter. You are a professional who is service minded and able to convince. You are structured, accurate, fast acting and have the ability to take initiative and continually seek ways to improve.
The offered salary is competitive for this permanent role.